Attention dog lovers: the long-awaited Grand Ravines Dog Park officially opens this Saturday. Ottawa County Parks invites you and your pup to check out the new space and learn more about what’s to come.
Grand Ravines Dog Park Open House Event:
Saturday, September 26 from 12-4 PM
Special guests include
- Allendale Animal Hospital: Microchipping from 12-1 PM
- Rockin’ Rovers: Demo from 12:30-1:30 PM
- Ottawa County K-9 Unit: Obedience and narcotic search demo from 1:30-2:30 PM
- Karen J. Photography: Get a professional pet portrait for $5
- Tyson’s Place Animal Rescue:Meet pets who are looking for a new forever home. Tyson’s Place assists terminally ill people in caring for and finding new families for their pets.
- A Pleasant Dog: Trainers will be roaming at the event and offering dog park etiquette, as well as other training tips.
- Chow Hound: The dog park’s largest sponsor and their mascot, Chowie, will be raffling and giving away goodies all day.
- Big Guys Q‘s award winning BBQ will be available for purchase (just don’t tease the dogs).
The 21-acre dog park is located at Grand Ravines South (3991 Fillmore St, East of 42nd Avenue), minutes from the Allendale, Jenison, and Hudsonville. The park has separate fenced areas for large and small dogs, as well as fenced trails for off-leash walking. It is the largest off-leash dog park for miles. There are no entry or membership fees.
Guests should note that while the dog park will be open, there is more work to be done. For example, areas where grass has been freshly seeded will remain closed until later this fall or spring (depending on weather). Fundraising is still underway for various amenities including more concrete paths, an additional fenced area, shelters, lights and shade trees.
To support the dog park in a special way, you may purchase a brick for the entry way. The bricks may be inscribed with your name, or the name of a furry friend you would like to honor. Engraved bricks are $100 and may be purchased online.